Creating Your Ceremony
Your ceremony should capture the essence of your love for each other and your relationship. Many details contribute to a wonderful ceremony. My role as a Celebrant is not only to determine your vision and create the perfect ceremony for YOU, but to consider the finer details which play a major role in making your big day the best it can be.
We can sit down together (or chat via Skype) and I will guide you through everything from start to finish. I will listen to your individual needs and present you with a range of ideas that you may not have considered in preparation for, during and after your ceremony. It is YOUR day after all and I will work very hard to ensure YOU are happy :)
I pride myself on designing a unique and memorable ceremony for all my couples and I absolutely LOVE writing and delivering their personalised 'story'. I'm often told this is the highlight of the ceremony as it's a way to share a couple's journey together, what they love and admire about each other among other things, and of course, it's a way to incorporate a bit of humour :) It's extremely rewarding to watch a couple (and their guests) smile and laugh during a ceremony as it shows they're completely enjoying their special moment, just as they should be!
These are just some of the things I will help you consider when planning your ceremony:
- Processional- will the Bride make a traditional entrance or do something a little different? I am more than happy to time your 'walk-down-the-aisle' music so each member of your bridal party knows when to start walking and the Bride can make her grand entrance at a perfect point in the music :)
- Giving away- how will the Bride will be 'given away' (if at all) and would you like to acknowledge and/or involve your parents?
- Position/s and Movements- how would you and your bridal party like to stand during the ceremony and during any rituals etc.?
- Rituals and/or Readings - I offer many options for you to choose from to communicate what love and marriage mean to you.
- Would you like to acknowledge or include any special people during your ceremony? If so, I have many suggestions.
- Vows and Ring exchange- I have many examples for you to consider to help you communicate exactly what you want. I also ensure all the legal wording is included.
- Recessional- how would you like to be announced and what information would you like me to tell your guests?
- Music- before, during and after your ceremony. Pre-ceremony playlists are becoming more and more popular and you're more than welcome to use my fabulous PA system to play some of your favourite songs before your ceremony :)
- While a rehearsal isn't essential, it can be reassuring as it allows us to go over the "how to's" of your ceremony. You are also legally required to sign a Declaration prior to your ceremony, so a rehearsal is often the perfect opportunity to do this :)
On your big day, I aim to arrive at the venue 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to your ceremony. This gives me plenty of time to ensure things run smoothly and help with other details if needed :)